We can’t believe it’s Spring already… as usual this year is flying by. We took a little bit of much needed time out but we’re back, ready, and busier than ever. An age-old tradition has helped us get back into things. You know what we mean- the big Spring clean. A big cleanse helps us focus, feel fresh and other people can feel the difference too. We are often asked about space cleansing – how and why we do it. So here’s the answer…
The first step to a cleaner, more liveable space is getting rid of clutter and dust. After that it has to be a space cleanse using an ancient purification ritual called ‘smudging’.
Smudging is a way of removing stale ‘energy dust’. Think of this ‘energy dust’ as an accumulation of negative vibrations. This can be caused by feelings of sadness, fear, anger, illness or even unfriendly spirits. This stale, negative energy is undoubtedly harmful to us and can often be the reason for anxiety; poor sleep, lack of motivation, having unnecessary arguments within your household and just not feeling as comfortable as you should within your own space.
Smudging will do away with old, negative vibrations and replenish with positive, uplifting energies. Here is our ultimate guide to cleansing you and your space.
What to use:
(All these can be found in our shop)
Using sage is a 2,000 year old Indigenous American practice. The shamans used dried sage plants on their fires as a ritual of calling upon ancestral spirits. Any conflict, anger, illness or evil was absorbed by the sage smoke to be released or cleansed from the energy field of a person.
In Spanish, the words Palo Santo mean literally ‘Holy Wood’. This organic wood is Native to the Galapagos Islands of South America. Use these sticks to purify your space. People often use this wood as a pleasantly scented alternative to sage.
This precious natural resin is ideal for meditation, sacred rituals and ceremonies and the health benefits are outstanding and ever growing. Burn on smouldering charcoal.
The purest of sandalwood and Oudh sticks will have the biggest impact for ritual alchemy. All our sticks are made with positive intention and most of all good vibes!
How to smudge your space:
- Set your intention. Use a mantra of choice or simply feel calm and ready to welcome in positive energy.
- Light your herb or resin of choice then blow out the flame. You always want the smoke, NOT the flame.
- Clear your body and space. Wave the smoke under your feet to the top of your head.
- Fan the smoke clockwise around each room with your hand or a feather, into every corner, making sure the smoke touches the walls.
- With each step feel all negative energies attach and disappear with the smoke as it vanishes.
- Thank the Creator and Mother Earth for bringing peace to your home and the people within it.
- After cleansing, open the windows (preferably in the East) to let in new, rejuvenating light and air.
- Remember- don’t get hung up on how long you’re taking or whether you’re doing it right- just concentrate on the movement of negative energy to make space for positive.
If you have any questions, send us a message! All products be found on our website.